The head of customer service from the Gardens called me few weeks ago and met up with me to talk over lunch and sincerely apologized for the unfortunate incident that happened to me at their premise. The middle aged lady I met is really a cool lady, modern and outspoken. She was convincing me to leave the incident behind and if I ever go to the Gardens,she would be my guide/body guard. In fact, we were talking about Malaysian ethics and the way people handle things here. People only do thing after shit things happened. No precaution or prevention ever done. Surprisingly just after the day we met, she called me again and said the security guard had caught the malay guy who harassed me. They locked him up in the police station and I went there to make the police report so that the inspector can proceed if I wanted to charge him. It was the first day of Ramadhan and I could see him freaking out surrounded by the policeman and trembling seeing me. Well at last my annoyance gets its justice. I decided to dismissed the charge on him but a harsh warning given to him as nothing too serious and he is only 27 year old. The inspector told me his dad had been waiting in the police station and couldn't believe that his son would do such thing. In fact, the inspector told me he wanted to say sorry for his misconduct. In any case, life is a circle and intersect, you get what you sow!

The incident happened to me yesterday at about 3.40pm while I was taking escalator from first floor to second floor in the Gardens close to Robinson sideways. I was on the escalator and I didn't know there was a man behind me. Suddenly, I can feel there is 'something' touching or sort of poking on my thigh as I was wearing a working skirt. I immediately turned back and looked at the person behind me. It was a Malay/Indonesian wearing a light green shirt with jeans and he was holding his handphone and playing with it. I looked fiercely at him to give him a chance to explain himself. I asked him "What are you doing?!" and his response to me was a freaking smile. That look really provoke my anger. I asked him to stand still and I gonna call the police. Obviously he did it on purpose to harass me without knowing the consequences. I grabbed and swung my bag towards him as to beat him up. However he started to run away, going down from the escalator. I chased him with my (first time ever felt so annoying) heels downward and shouted at him. There was some people around and I even shouted to stop the guy and to catch the guy. Pissing me off badly that none of them CARED! Everyone was so calm and DUMB or BLUR or still dreaming in their dream land whereas I am the clown shouting and chasing the harasser. Whats wrong with these people??? The man ain't man anymore.
I would never give in to such a thing. The guy should be caught on the spot and be punished severely as for my justice and relief. At that time, a concierge for the Gardens saw me and the incident and started to come in for help. He shifted my attention. And it wasn't a wise choice telling me that he had seen this guy lingered in the mall before when he can actually chase the guy and catch the guy for me!
Then, the concierge led me to the information counter and asked me to file a report and kept telling me as to ensure that they have CCTV which had captured everything. The point is even you have captured the scene, SO WHAT? Can you identify the guy and catch the guy now? Can you release my anger and fairly treatment now?
I have no idea what security management they have there! First was to be seated and waited for the concierge to call the Senior Concierge to come, and then to explain and describe the whole thing again to the supervisor of security who looked so relax and easy: taking out a pen slowly and a piece of paper of nowhere jotting down my description of the guy.
They asked me if I wanted to make a police report. I just feel so stupid why they can't do something instantly when the case happened rather than just taking it so easy and just hope to prevent it to happen in the future.
The senior concierge told me I can leave and she will call me once they check their CCTV footage and will print out a copy for me. I mean WHAT CAN I DO RIGHT? As I wanted to leave, the security asked me to wait a while more. WHY? to wait for his boss to come.... WHAT? as his boss came, he explained to his boss and so do I, repeating the same story... HELL!
Anyway, I walked off the Gardens with full disappointment and cursed the man to death and I will prepare myself firmly if any of this shit happen to me again. I will not tolerate!
3 comments:
i suggest that u link their url wherever u have the garden word. i'm sure the garden management team will pick that link one way or another.
from what u are saying, the concierge was not trained for such a situation
as for nobody helping u, that's malaysian generally. i wld chased that guy for u if i happened to pass by
hey at least u know how to shout,.
i admire ur courage.jc
You must be really angry-that is no way to treat someone, I agree. Reporting it to the concierge was the right thing to do-I admit, I would have been tempted to stamp on his feet in my pointy heels.
However, dwelling on it and staying mad at this guy will not accomplish anything-he will not be punished by your anger.
I know this will be hard to hear but must say it; you need to completely and utterly forgive him. Remember that not everyone has had the advantage of being taught what is acceptable-he may not have meant it maliciously.
Post a Comment