Monday, June 16, 2008

We are all spiritual creatures

Human beings are essentially spiritual creatures because we are driven by a need to ask fundamental or ultimate questions.

Why was I born?
What is the meaning of life?
Why should I go on when I am tired, or depressed or feel weary?
What makes it all worth while?


Some people are driven to ask themselves all sort of questions whereas some don't. The rise of need for meaning gives rise to imagination and to the extraordinary growth of the human brain. And that's why some people are smart and some people are dumb.

Spiritual Intelligence helps us to forge new paths, to find some fresh expression of meaning, something that touches us and that can guide us from within.

Spiritual Intelligence is the intelligence that rests in that deep part of the self that is connected to wisdom from beyond the ego, or conscious mind with which we not only recognize existing values but with which we creatively discover new values.

Most of the time in life we are being told what to do by others and dependent upon the reaction and opinion of others. And it could be wrong or not what your heart feel it should be. All these years, I am struggling to form myself. I don't like to be questioned, to be controlled and to be underestimated because I want to be a true individual, I know who I am and what I believe. And I hope the rest of you will find your true self and lead your own life.

Don't impose on me what you know,
I want to explore the unknown
and be the source of my own discoveries.
Let the known be my liberation, not my slavery.

The world of your truth can be my limitation;
your wisdom my negation.
Don't instruct me; let's walk together.
Let my richness begin where yours ends.

Show me so that I can stand on your shoulders.
Reveal yourself so that I can be something different.

You believe that every human being can love and create.
I understand, then, your fear
when I ask you to live according to your wisdom.

You will not know who I am by listening to yourself.
Don't instruct me; let me be.
Your failure is that I be identical to you.



2 comments:

changeiam said...

I guess those who are curious about themselves and their surrounding will always be on the lookout for a better life instead of settling down to the same routine and being complacent.

It's always difficult trying to figure things out when society has a set of rules and a way a person should be and behave and you're going against the grain more often than not you'll end up and outcast.

Is it so wrong to truly be an individual instead of being part of the herd ?

I like the poem .. especially the last part :) thanks for sharing

Ivy Chee 徐于茜 said...

Many people are unconscious of who they are and what's happening around them and in fact everyone is searching for that answer or too afraid to face the fact in life.

There are people always trying to convert others to a belief in their own explanation of the universe. They think that the more people there are who believe as they do, the more certain it will be that what they believe is the truth. But it doesn't work that way at all.

Discover the truth and live a life which your heart tell you ;)