I love this song. The line is so powerful and breathtaking. The delivery is fantastic, the voice, the guitar, the strings, its immense. I feel like it's stripping all the dramatics away from love and distilling it into it's most essential elements until one is powerless but to just drink in the object of affection..
It is being addicted and completely infatuated with someone, but not knowing how to let go. Being in a trance of fascination, being pulled in and wanting to get out, but not knowing how. It's about not having control over the situation, but wanting to gain control so badly because it's taking over and you're sick of being so infatuated because it hurts too much... this song is so beautiful...
And so it is
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time
And so it is
The shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...
And so it is
Just like you said it should be
We'll both forget the breeze
Most of the time
And so it is
The colder water
The blower's daughter
The pupil in denial
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...
Did I say that I loathe you?
Did I say that I want to
Leave it all behind?
I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind...
My mind...my mind...
'Til I find somebody new
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time
And so it is
The shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...
And so it is
Just like you said it should be
We'll both forget the breeze
Most of the time
And so it is
The colder water
The blower's daughter
The pupil in denial
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...
Did I say that I loathe you?
Did I say that I want to
Leave it all behind?
I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind...
My mind...my mind...
'Til I find somebody new
More Info:-
O is the name of Damien Rice's first album, adorned with unexpected musical twists, pleasures and textures, particularly Lisa Hannigan's fragile vocal accompaniment and Vyvienne Long's sonorous cello. Released in the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom on 1st February 2002, it has since gone platinum in the Republic of Ireland. Rice wanted to make the album without the backing of a major record label, believing if he signed such a deal it would compromise his future work, forcing him to move in directions he did not wish to. The first single from O was "The Blower's Daughter" which was released in September 2001, before the album itself was completed, entered the top 20 in the Irish charts. The album is dedicated to Rice's friend Mic Christopher and according to Damien Rice, there is no special meaning in the name of the album. Reportedly, the name came to him during a bicycle incident and he enjoyed it. In 2003, the track "Cold Water" was featured in the movie 'I Am David'. In December 2004, "The Blower's Daughter" was re-released in the charts on the movie 'Closer' soundtrack.
1 comment:
I still can't listen to Damien Rice yet. I find it too depressing for now but yes it indeed is a very good song.
Post a Comment