Saturday, January 2, 2010

An interesting documentary of our planet - the Earth


Today we are seeing the climate change around the globe. It's worth watching this documentary and giving us some thoughts and concerns about the planet we're living on.


Global Warming refers to surface temperature increases.

Climate Change refers to global warming and everything else that increasing greenhouse gas amounts will affect.

The Earth's climate is driven by a continuous flow of energy from the sun. Heat energy from the sun passes through the Earth's atmosphere and warms the Earth's surface.

These gases, which are all naturally occurring, act as a blanket, trapping in the heat and preventing it from being reflected too far from the Earth. They keep the Earth's average temperature at about 15°C: warm enough to sustain life for humans, plants and animals. Without these gases, the average temperature would be about -18°C... too cold for most life forms. This natural warming effect is also sometimes called the greenhouse effect.

The cause of climate change is the unlimited burning of fossil fuels – coal, oil and natural gas to satisfy our hunger for energy.

Climate change affects people and nature in countless ways, the impacts are large and complex and it often increases existing threats that have already put pressure on the environment and change on different areas, species, and people around the world: Coral bleaching, Polar regions, Glaciers, Extreme weather (Heatwaves, Droughts, Floods, Tropical cyclones/Hurricanes), species threatened, people at risk...


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin earning with a sum that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I to but I think the collection should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practice anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)